“They want to put me in more trouble” – Billionaire kidnapper Evans denies lawsuits against police

       evans denies

Notorious billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike aka Evans, has denied knowledge of the lawsuit slammed on the Inspector General of Police for violation of his human rights.

Two fundamental Human rights lawsuits were filed on his behalf by one lawyer, Olukoya Ogungbeje, against the IGP and three others.
The lawyer had approached the Federal High Court in Lagos last week claiming that Evans had asked him to challenge his continuous detention without trial by the police.
But Evans says he’s not aware of this.
Olukoya listed the Commissioner of Police in Lagos Fatai Owoseni, the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Lagos Command and the Nigeria Police Force as the respondents in the suits.
In one of the suits, Olukoya claimed Evans was asking for N300 million in damages for alleged illegal detention and unconstitutional media trial.
But in an interview with Channels Television on Sunday, Evans described the lawsuits as an attempt by some persons to put him in more trouble.
“I have no hand in any case filed against the police and I did not speak with any lawyer or my father to file a case on my behalf. All I will say is that they should temper justice with mercy” he said.
The 36-year-old father of five said should the police release him, he would not leave detention because his kidnap victims would kill him.
Previous
Next Post »

Please leave a comment.... Thank You.

For Ads Placement contact : 08077351686 ConversionConversion EmoticonEmoticon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...